Saturday, September 5, 2009
Either you've been to Kauai and already have your site chosen or it's always been a fantasy and you don't know where to begin. Here are a few tips and a few links to get you started.
First the basics.
1. A wedding license must be obtained. Cost is $65 payable to the wedding agent.
Kapaa District: Kenneth Kubota, 808-822-5122; Walter Smith, 808-821-6887; Grace Apana, 808-821-6887
Hanalei District: Dayna Santos, 808-826-7742; Jamie DeVorre, 808-826-7742
Koloa District: Alan Matsumoto, 808-332-7133
2. The prospective bridge and groom must appear together in person before the licensing agent with their filled out marriage license application
3. A marriage license application can be dowloaded frm the Hawaii State Government site: http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/marriage/index.html.
4. The marriage license expires 30 days from and including the day of issuance.
5. If the wedding is to take place on a beach, a permit must be obtained by the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR). The fee is 10 cents per squaare foot per day.
Internet sites we recommend:
If you want to scout locations, begin by looking through the pages of No Worries Hawaii or the Kauai Trailblazer guidebook.